Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rich


I've been staying at home for quite some time now, so doing house chores is a normal routine. It's been raining usually in the morning for 3 days in a row, guess what -I've been hanging the same laundry for 3 days too. I started to feel a bit annoyed that drying the laundry took longer time than usual and there's more coming, unwashed. So i've been dreading that the rain is not helping me. It took me quite a while to realise that the rain makes me feel calm and happy. It makes me relaxed and relieved. It reminds me that I used to love the sound, smell and taste of the rain. The moment you think you are being put down by anything, an event, people, things, Allah has actually has so much good things in store for us. It's just maybe we forgot to stop for a while, take some time to breath, relax and enjoy the experience and the gifts around us.

I should stop for a while and listen to the rain, listen to the breeze that sways the trees and the soft tones produced by frogs in dark nights, feel the cold tingle in the air, smell the earth being hit by the rain drops, why not?

All I need to do is see things from a different light. It is a small favour one could ask, to change the perspective from negative to positive. Change it from feeling like we are at loss to the feeling that we are special. 

Same goes to a real life experience that has a big impact to me. There is this guy with his friends and an ustaz who experienced flat tyre due to sharp objects on the road. I understood that If he sees the situation negatively, he'll say that it's his bad day after all. The ustaz said why not see it in a different light-you have a flat tyre, means you have saved someone else's day, perhaps someone who might be in the middle of an emergency, that someone may have a bigger trouble there. I took that example from APG's status. It's his own experience to be exact.

Another one example, when you donate, don't see it as you are helping others, but you are actually helping yourself, saving yourself on the day of judgment :)

Alhamdulillah. I feel 'light', do you?

              Image source: Google

No comments: